Monday 27 September 2021

Pride, Mobility Scooter, Lectures, Pain and Gin

 What a weekend! Pride in Surrey was fabulous! Definitely easier on a mobility scooter rather than crutches! However, apparently I can't call my mobility scooter Roy as "it's a stupid name..." So I'm trying to come up with a new name.... 

So getting on and off trains I thought would be a nightmare, but a huge shout out to the staff of SWR who made it so easy and didn't make me feel like a pita or a lesser being or an inconvenience at all. I'm so definitely up for more train journeys and getting out into the great wide world! 

Pride. What can I say? Fabulous, glitter, drag queens, rainbows. Really great police and event staff presence. I haven't felt as safe or as welcome and included as I did there for the whole day. Only thing I'd change was the food available as the only vegan thing was a burger which apparently was the closest thing to meat - so close you could fool your meat eating friends. Erm, yuk! Definitely not for me, so we ended up heading out and found a Greggs! 

Definitely decided to stay late next year! We only left earlier as our middle one was in too much pain and was exhausted...  Next year though we're going more prepared! 

So first masters lecture tonight. Only half for first one, but wow it was intense. I loved it! Absolutely loved it! Historical and Conceptual issues in psychology! Found it really, really interesting and loved talking to the other students for a couple of bits too! We have, of course, got a WhatsApp group which is lovely - Team MSc! 

So, although I'm feeling really, really daunted I'm also loving being back making my brain work. It also, however means I've got a shit tonne of reading to get done! Best get back to it.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment