Saturday 2 October 2021

Lectures, Psychology, Statistics, Laptops, Pride, Sapphic and Strictly!

 So this week I've had 2 lectures - both only half the length of normal ones, and wow, they move fast!  Kind of dreading next week when we have 2 lectures of 3 hours each! I have a feeling that I'm going to be rewatching them a couple of times! Cheating? Nope, I'm calling it "using my initiative!"

However, it's also meant I've had the first part of my first assignment. Who'd have thought I'd have struggled so much! I managed to get my knickers in a complete twist about writing an essay before I worked out that actually it was intro, feature 1, feature 2, feature 3, conclusion. Not full on war and peace style essay. My long suffering husband (LSH) is one of the best proof readers I've ever come across, despite or because of the fact that he's severely dyslexic! He read my first draft and was totally honest and confirmed my first feelings that it was total shite. I'd spent most of 2 days on it. Although I'd already got so far into it, I've managed to use most of what I had written.... Whether it was right or not I've gone with the "completion rather than perfection" theory that one of the other students had been given by our tutor.... Managed to sort of get my head around referencing in the APA style (I hope, anyway) and I've submitted the bloody thing! Onwards and upwards.... 

So statistics. Well, we shall see how this bit goes. I'm feeling really scared of this bit. I'm not so good with things like this, but hey ho I'm sure I'm not going to be the only one who doesn't get it at first.... 

New to me laptop purchased yesterday. I needed something windows based, rather than my trusty Chromebook, and actually I'm loving it. It's a great little thing - it's actually bigger and much heavier than my Chromebook and the battery life isn't great, but as I'm going to be using it mostly at home none of that matters! 

We're sorting through the photos that LSH took at Pride. It's bought back all the love, joy, feelings of being me and safe and happy... I've spoken to LSH who I didn't think would enjoy the day at all in the first place, but he really did, he's taken some great photos and we've decided to make it a yearly thing! I'm so pleased! 

I've battled for years with what label I give myself as a sexuality. For years I've sat with the "bi" label, but that's not me. I'm not bisexual. I don't fancy men - only my LSH. I've slept with plenty of men, but never because I've actually been sexually interested in them, mostly as a means to an end, or something that was just expected of me. Maybe it's because of my history, who knows. But I've recently found the label that "fits" me. Sapphic. For all women who love women. This really works for me. I finally find how I wish to identify. Next year I'm wearing this flag as a cape! :) 



It must be said, we're really looking forward to Strictly tonight! Go Johannes and John! 

No comments:

Post a Comment